|credit to Wire & Twine|
Thursday, May 23, 2013*dusting the blog*Phew, I've left this place for so long that I don't even know how to start now. It's like having a dusty room with spiderwebs in every corner and you have no clue where to start cleaning. But I guess it's just my dusty brain. I really feel sorry for myself for abandoning this blog (I remember making a promise to write at least once a week. I can't even keep it.) Turned out I mostly came here for blogging contest now.Then I decided to make a visit today and eventually read my friend's post here about missing those sweet moments from her past. I got myself reflecting my life lately. Just a few days ago I had a brief talk with a friend about the joy of childhood, about how nice it is to see some children playing around with a sincere smile. I mean, heck, when was the last time I had fun? By fun I mean having a totally free mind without anything bothering me.Life has been pretty hard on me these months, not to the point where I feel frustrated or something, but rather to the thought that things won't let me breathe even for a second. I have to deal with some hell-sent people who are mostly old (I don't mean to disrespect but these people totally make it hard on me), I'm struggling with the project I'm doing, I got to get myself ready for a new phase of my study which is way more serious, and many unexpected issues I never imagined I would ever have. Those things are not the most complicated issues in the world, but they came one after another that I feel like I'm out of breath every time.Seriously, I don't mean to be an annoying brat who does nothing but complaining. I found myself changing a bit due to this matter. I never was a kind of student who skips classes....ah wait, I only skip classes when I NEED to or the lecturer won't even mind. So it's fine anyway *chuckles*. But I did skip a lot of classes this semester! The other thing, lately I come to food and shopping when I feel a little bit stressed. You know, that feeling when you think you deserve a lil reward for the hardship you've gone through. I know it's NOT healthy, but I'm still doing it. I found my belly a bit raised, I gotta work out *sobs*.But thank God for some stress relievers. Somehow I still manage myself to join a dance club in my uni, though I know I'll leave it right when this semester ends (my business will be even more crayzaayyyy). And those quiz hunting, and......Running Man (geez, this is my dope!).I know this rush will be even worse than it is now, but I try not to think about it. Ah, I miss my life when it was so much easier...
Monday, April 8, 2013When you hear the words "move on", you probably will think about getting rid of someone or a past relationship. "move on" seems to be attached to this kind of situation that people tend to use it only for love matter. While actually, we can move on from anything.Name it: we can move on from our bad habit, as example, if you eat when you're stressed out or if you tend to speak harshly when you're mad, or anything else. We can also move on from our life issues and miserable past. Not only from the bad things, we can even move on from good things, since it's not good to drown in happiness for too long. For whatever it is, good or bad times, we got to take our step to face a new page in life.
We don't have to make such a huge leap. Because even the greatest things are started with a baby step. Then what we have to do is take one step at a time. So what does it take for us to keep moving? Here are 8 things that will help you to constantly move on from anything you want to get over:
1. You need some space.Give yourself some space; physically, emotionally, and mentally. It’s okay to cry, grieve, mourn, shout, or scream. But don’t let this happen everytime. Giving yourself a space allows the upcoming things to come and evolve on its own.
2. Remember: you're not alone.It has two meanings: first, you're not the only one who's going through it. Many people are having the same issues as yours and even lots of people have gone through it, and they survived! Second, you've got a friend. Or even lots of friends! It's okay to lean on people you trust. Emotional support from family and friends can really help you.
3. Do something for somebody.Believe me, doing something sincerely for somebody will give you a different kind of joy. It surely makes you feel better, without a doubt. Such simple things will do! Sometimes the small things mean a lot to other people. By doing it, you change someone's life and yours too.
4. Treat yourself better.Do not blame and punish yourself too much for something you can not change. Do self healing and motivate yourself. Also give yourself time to heal. Put some encouraging words at familiar places and tell yourself in the mirror some motivating thoughts. Something like "success is mine", "I deserve better", or "nothing can stop me" will work!
5. Face it! No flashback!The flashback effect can be bad sometimes. What you need to do is focus your mind on things you want to achieve. It's okay to remember once in a while, since it's not in your head for nothing. You can take it to fuel your fire so you can do better. No more glooming! Because it's in the past, there's nothing you can do about it anyway.
6. Turn a loss into a win.Nothing cooler than turning your loss into a win. Make a perfect comeback! Do some self exploration to know yourself better and discover what you have learned from the past experiences. Then you can show them what you’ve got!
7. Nothing lasts forever.Everything will eventually end. Remember this while you’re sad or happy. If you’re in the dark phase of your life, do the best and believe that the pain will be over, sooner or later. Things are gonna get better as you do the best! If you’re in the best time of your life, remember, you can’t stay in the same place forever. Cherish it and create the new happiness!
8. Pray!Nothing beats the power of a prayer! Surrender all to God as He knows the best for you. Ask for His guidance in everything you do. This will keep you calm. One thing for sure, a good relationship with God rises your quality of life.
Basically, you just need to dump all the barriers inside you. Then bring out all the courage to step out. So, now, are you ready to move on? Take a breath and make your step!
Sunday, February 3, 2013
I finally joined the over 20 group. Whether it is good or not, I still feel like a kiddo. Haha. I mean, geez, it's cool to get more numbers but I wanna stay youuuuuung foreverrrrrrr!
Talking about being twenty-something, I would lie if I said "I worry nothing". I surely did wonder sometimes about what my life will be in the upcoming years, but idk, it never bothered me a lot. I've had a lot of brainstorming talks about life with my friends and sometimes witnessed how concerned they are about it. Some even afraid. And in some parts, I couldn't stand this kind of talk.
Not that I'm ignorant, but I never (or maybe I haven't) found such a reason to worry that much. I even questioned myself, "Confident? Eh?" Then I put the possibilities in a list, haha.
Reasons Why CHI Stays CHIll:
- She's an original phlegmatic.
- She finally became totally optimistic
- She truly relies on God (Oh myyyy. Praise! Hahaha but I think it's kinda true)
- "Why so serious?"
- She's doing her best (or at least she's trying to)
- She knows there will be something more to what her life may have in store
- She thinks life is way too short to be spent with all the worries
- She believes God have set fabulous plans (YES, I MEAN IT. And yes I chose the word "fabulous", thank you)
- Because David Archuleta says (actually sings), "You'll take each trial and you'll make it through the storms 'cause you're strong. My faith in you is clear.
- And a lot more David Archuleta's lyrics.
- She believes that when she thinks about good things, they will happen eventually
- blahblahblah and many more
Then yea, she worries but doesn't take it for too long (or am I just easily distracted?). Haha.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Hola! I’m finally back! It’s been a while since my last post. I’m so glad to be here after my end year vacation and a final exams rush. Here I am writing again!
It’s always nice to think about stuff I want to do in my holiday. But I decided not to spend my time to do another trip because I need to work on things for my scholarship. Then what to do? A little voice told me to have some quality time with myself and that seems like a great idea. Which girl doesn’t love having some lazy time with dvds and her favorite magazine?
So I rushed out buying this January 2013 issue of Gogirl! Magazine because I know it’s late January. I simply didn’t want to miss this cool magz since this current issue is about pop writing! Woohoo! This is just like a little help from heaven, haha. Because, you know what? Sometimes I want to write but end up with nothing because I have no idea about what to tell. So thanks, Gogirl! for finally bringing this issue up!
You guys might wonder, “What’s so good about this issue?” Well, tell you what, Gogirl! gave me great tips on writing.
What to write? You can count on GoGirl!
It shared some advices from the writers. They have been through the good and bad times. They sure have some tips for us, the beginner!
Gogirl! even told me how to publish my writing. Indie publishing? E-way? Print on demand? There are ways to Rome, then there are ways to publish our writing.
And like a cherry on top, Gogirl! told me about publisher’s insight. We surely need to know what the publishers are looking for, right?
One thing I utterly noticed from these articles is Gogirl! really encourages the readers to write. I know most of people don’t even want to start because they think they’re not able to or they’re even afraid because they have no clue. Don’t worry, write what you love, they said. Then Gogirl! can give a quiz to reveal your writing field! Just so you know where to start.
Is that it? No way!
Yes! Gogirl! gives you the best fashion and beauty ideas and it spices the pages up with (always) the cool layout. Gogirl! is one of those fashion guides to keep me updated. This issue featured the latest hotness, ways to mix things up, and Seoul street style to 70’s Brooklyn themed style.
But my favorite is the 2013 Look Book. I’m so thrilled that I have some items that look a like. So I made my decision to make my own 2013 Look Book. Of course with my twist in the mix!
Gogirl!'s 2013 Look Book My 2013 Look Book
To end this post, I guess it’s good to put my favorite quote of this issue’s fashion quote:
“The refinement of a woman is in the elegance of her gestures, not the brand or the neckline of her clothes.”
See you on the next post!
click here to know how to pre-order
Friday, November 23, 2012I've been such a freebies go getter this year. Phew! Who doesn't love freebies? When you can get things for free, why pay? Haha call me poor or anything but I'm not ashamed, I truly enjoy this.
So, what have I gained so far? Hmm, pretty much. Should I put 'em in a list? Here we go.
- tickets; my first quiz winning were (as long as I remember) for the movie Earth tickets. I was in high school at the time. And since then I started to chase another quiz so I won some like Java Soulnation ticket, Greyson Chance's concert ticket (I won this by making a piece of digital scrapbook about him), and Jason Mraz's concert ticket (with a lipsync video I won't reveal LMAO).
- clothes, shoes, and shopping voucher; another lovely stuffs! It's kind of irritating me how much pretty clothes cost lately (I always end up crying inside when I found cute things I can't afford -- just for a moment though!). So it's nice to get some of them by winning quiz, haha. I have a pair of #fabowlous shoes from Wondershoe coming up, and I'll pick them up (probably) on Monday.
- gadget; I was like crazy when I found the result out (my mom even got crazier than I did). If you wonder what it is....here it is....
Would you please ignore my face?
One of my cousin said that I have such a good luck. Haha, amen for that!
"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."
Sunday, October 28, 2012
I was about to sleep when I saw this SUPER SWEET video from vimeo. Cute message, cute illustration, and cute background music! I wish there was a female version of this. But, girls, can you imagine getting this video from a guy? Hmm I found this relevant for a foreigner guy, uhm hello girls with foreigner boyfie? haha
Tuesday, October 16, 2012Cheerio!
Here I am after solving some problems about Compton Shift and photoelectric stuffs (ughh, soooo geeky). I feel kind of proud of myself for having a will to read about it and it turned out I can get the point. Such a shame that I should've understood it on the 3rd semester but, better late than not understand it at all right?
Okay, get rid of it. I'm about to talk about something else. I've been feeling such a crap feeling since I've gotten into university. Something I could deal with at first but now I'm like "Arrrghh! STOP IT, YOU!". It's about cheating or maybe copying or whatsoever it is called.
And why did I end up feeling like this? It's started just after I finished my homework today and I was like, "Ugh, I worked pretty hard on this and there will be some people copying it tomorrow." Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm such a selfish student who keeps her knowledge for herself. I'm just tired of being outshined. It sucks when you work hard on something then people copy it, then your work won't be special anymore, as those people get the same or may be even higher grade. But then who am I to say, "No. I won't let you copy it"? Most of the time I pass my work to people and let them make copies of it. It won't really matter to happen sometimes, but if it happens almost every time on every work.......it sucks, man. Like really. I can't help myself for having a pissed off kind of face when that happens.
You might wonder, then why did I let this happen since the first time? Well, to open the secret, I've been like, "Oh, okay, guys. You've been taught which things is right and what's not. You're doing it now means you're earning your mess. I do believe this thing will affect you in the future, and that's not a good thing. So, do what you want. I don't care." .........and I know that's mean.
Another thing that is just equally irritating is when some people come to me just before the test and say, "Hey, teach me what you've learned." (WARNING: no offense.) It's just fine when the person has the basic and has some question on some parts, I don't mind. But when you know that this person (I'm not referring to anyone, just so you know) has been careless about the subject(s), I'll be like............... asdfghjklmxassgtrhs. How do you expect me to put the bricks on a weak cornerstone?
I don't quite understand why I'm bothering this at such a time. Sorry for the meaningless post anyway.
I'll do some fangirling stuff now.
Aaaaaaa David Archuleta! Aaaaaaaaaa!
Powered by Blogger.